This piece of sculpture is made of steel and sets on a base of concrete.
Artist unknown. Located in Mission City Memorial Park on the south side of the park
Mission City Memorial Park is one of the oldest cemeteries in California. Although burials were made on these grounds as early as the 1850s, the first recorded interment was September 13, 1864. The cemetery contains 1,431 interments made prior to 1900 and thousands since then. It was first known as Santa Clara Burial Ground, then Santa Clara Protestant Cemetery, then Santa Clara City Cemetery. In 1972, it was named Mission City Memorial Park.