Volunteer with Us!
The Senior Center programs could not function without the tremendous dedication and support of our volunteers. We consider our volunteers one of the most diverse and rich resources in our community. We would be happy to have you join us!
In Their Own Words:
“I’ve been volunteering here for 22 years. It’s like my second home.
I enjoy working with my co-volunteers." Snack Bar Volunteer
“Little did I know when I came into the senior center in the fall of 1988 to see about volunteering, that I would still be doing so today. The best part of my years here are the wonderful friends I have made that have enriched my life." Snack Bar Volunteer
“Volunteering is a great way to spend some retirement time. In the Fitness Room I have made good friends, met so many really nice people and have time to enjoy my large family. " Fitness Volunteer
Many volunteer opportunities exist, including;
· Fitness Center Attendant
· Fitness Center Volunteer Liaison
· Dining Out Volunteer
· Dining Out Kitchen Aide
· Snack Bar Attendant
· Adventures to Go Tour Escort
· Front Desk Office Support
· Bingo Attendant
· Blood Pressure Clinic Volunteer Nurse
· Computer Lab Assistant
· Games, Games, Games Volunteer
· Lapidary Attendant
· Sandwich Chef
· Senior Peer Advocate (SPA) Volunteer
· Thursday Night Dance Attendant
· Therapeutic Recreation Program Volunteer
· Volunteer Program Support
· Welcome Newcomers Host
· Woodshop Monitor
· 911 Cell Phone Program Volunteer
· Health and Wellness Resource Support
We would be delighted to discuss the possibilities with you. To learn more about current volunteer opportunities available, please call 408-615-3170 or email at CustServSrCenter@santaclaraca.gov
If interested, please fill out the Volunteer Application form and Release of Liability, then turn it in to us.