Parent/Teen Workshop – "Virally Speaking" (Internet Safety)
The City of Santa Clara Youth Commission is hosting a series of teen-friendly workshops, held at the Teen Center, focusing on current teen issues and providing resources for their peers. Experts in the field will share information and create a safe place for teens (and parents) to talk about difficult topics. Workshops will be held from 6:30-7:30pm, with a light dinner provided.
This month the topic is Internet Safety and will provide information on:
- behaving respectfully and responsibly
- knowing what to upload and download
- what kinds of interactions to avoid
- what you put out on the internet stays out there. You can’t just erase it.
- Having teens and parents being mindful of who might be on the other side of the communications
For more information, contact the Santa Clara Teen Center at (408) 615-3740.