- The Santa Clara Police Department’s Detective Bureau is responsible for the investigation of crimes, identification and apprehension of criminals, recovery of property and preservation of evidence. Volunteer duties in the Detective Bureau may include:
- date stamp and copy materials from District Attorney’s Office;
- enter information into database;
- scan, file and distribute materials for Detectives;
- enter pawn slips;
- researching matters as directed;
- other clerical duties (e.g. greet visitors, screen calls, assist clerks, prepare packets/binders) to support the unit.
Special Requirements or Restrictions
- Confidentiality is required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to use a computer.
- A law enforcement background is desirable but not a prerequisite.
- A comprehensive background check is conducted on all potential SCPD interns.
- Applicants with a felony conviction, a misdemeanor conviction within the last year or who are currently on probation or parole will be rejected.
Days of Week Times of Day
- Approximately 5-10 hours per week.
- A minimum of a quarter/semester commitment is required.
- Specific days and times are flexible.
- Yes. Volunteer applications are currently being accepted.
Contact Name and Phone