Safety Tips for St. Patrick's Day
Don't Drink and Drive - Celebrate and Stay Safe!
As motorists prepare to enjoy all things Irish, the Santa Clara Police Department will be deploying additional patrols today aimed at finding drunk drivers.
Whether you are planning to visit a local bar for green beer and corned beef and cabbage, or you are checking out a St. Patrick’s Day happening, you, too, can help make our community safer. By following these easy steps, you can enjoy a safe and festive St. Patrick’s Day without jeopardizing your life and the lives of others.
• Plan a safe way home before the festivities begin.
• Before drinking, designate a sober driver and leave your car keys at home.
• If you’re impaired, use a taxi, call a sober friend or family member, or use public transportation to get home safely.
• Report Drunk Drivers - call 9-1-1.
• And remember, if you know someone who is about to drive a car or ride a motorcycle while impaired, take the keys and help that person make other arrangements to get to where he or she is going safely.
The national Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign is led by the California Office of Traffic Safety, which funds the campaign through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office manages this funding among the 13 law enforcement agencies within Santa Clara County.