The English as Second Language (ESL) Conversation Club will offer a comfortable environment for adults with limited English language skills to practice speaking in English. It will enable them to gain the confidence they need to communicate in English in their roles as parents/caregivers, workers and community members.
- Proficient in speaking and listening in English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with people belonging to diverse backgrounds
- Strong facilitation skills
- Help participants practice speaking in English
Special Requirements or Restrictions
- An interview with the ESL Conversation Club Coordinator is required. Volunteers will need to attend a one-hour orientation session.
Days of Week Times of Day
- 3 hours a week for a minimum of three months
- ESL Conversation Club meets on Wednesdays from 10:30 a.m.– 12 noon.
Contact Name and Phone
- Santa Clara City Library
Volunteer Coordinator – (408) 615-2919