- The Police Explorers are high school students that are interested in the field of Police work. Several PAL Explorers volunteer their time for PAL events as well as City events. You may see them in uniform at the Art and Wine Festival, PAL Boxing Shows, Soccer games or riding with officers out on the street. The Explorers receive monthly training in police related topics and assist in different Divisions in the Police Department. Officer Bill Davis supervises this program.
PAL Explorers experience a number of benefits from participating in the program, including:
- Explore the possibilities of a law enforcement career;
- Participate in training and learn what it takes to become a police officer;
- See the action up close, by working alongside patrol officers;
- Compete with Explorers from other Departments;
- Serve the Santa Clara community at various public events; and,
- Role play during hands-on exercises.
Special Requirements or Restrictions
- Enrollment in High School.
- Maintain a 2.0 Grade Point Average.
- Attend monthly meetings.
- Participate in community events.
- A comprehensive background check is conducted on all potential Explorers. Applicants with a felony conviction, a misdemeanor conviction within the last year or who are currently on probation or parole will not be accepted.
Days of Week Times of Day
- Vary. Additional details available by contacting the PAL Office at (408)615-4880..
- Yes. Volunteer applications are currently being accepted for PAL Explorers.
Contact Name and Phone