Garage Sale Updates
Ninety-seven households registered for the August 2019 Citywide Garage Sale! Thank you to the shoppers and sellers that participated and helped to keep materials out of the landfill. Check back for the Citywide Garage Sale 2020 dates.
Why hold a garage sale?
- Get rid of clutter and earn some cash
- Find unexpected items at a reduced cost
- Reuse items that would otherwise go to the landfill
How to participate?
Buyers can search for sale locations using the interactive map or downloadable excel spreadsheet posted the day before each garage sale.
Tips for holding a garage sale:
- Complete all information on the registration form.
- Create a master list with the items for sale and their prices.
- Post visible signs on private property only (no signs may be posted on utility or street sign poles).
- Have change and petty cash available. Have plenty of bags and boxes available.
- Donate usable items not sold.
For more information, email us at Environment@SantaClaraCA.gov or call (408) 615-3080.