Sale of City Flags
The City of Santa Clara flag may be purchased by individuals/businesses to use for display purposes at the cashiers’ window in the Finance Department/Municipal Services Division at Santa Clara City Hall.
- National, state and city flags are customarily displayed outdoors, only in good weather, between sunrise and sunset. Flags may be flown at night on special occasions, such as parades.
- When displayed with the national and state flags on grouped staffs, the city flag is usually displayed at the viewer’s right, with the national flag at the center and highest point and the state flag at the viewer’s left.
- When displayed with the national flag only, the city flag is placed at the viewer’s right, with the national flag at the left.
- On the same halyard, the city flag is hung underneath the national flag. If a state flag is also hung, the order is national flag at the top, then the state and then the city flag.
Proper Use of the City Flag
- The City of Santa Clara flag may be purchased and displayed by individuals and businesses as a demonstration of community pride. Flag protocol should be observed, ensuring that the flag will be treated with respect.
- The City flag may not, under any circumstances, be used to endorse a product or to imply official/unofficial City of Santa Clara support.