Check out the Adventures to Go Newsletter for complete trip information. Stop by the Front Desk office to register.
Is to offer care-free travel for adults 50 plus. This goal is met by providing a high level of courtesy and professionalism through safe, accessible, reliable, interconnected, and attractive travel opportunities. Our enthusiasm to offer a good value and appeal to mature travelers is met with our commitment to excellent customer service.
- Each calendar year, completion of a Senior Center Registration and Release of Liability Form
- Only persons registered for a trip can attend
- Priority registration is given to residents of the City of Santa Clara after Let's Talk Travel on the fourth Wednesday of most months;
- Non-residents can register on the following Monday.
- Waitlists are created once a trip's capacity is reached
- Those on the waitlist are called as spaces become available. Only one attempt is made when placing calls so not to hold up the space.
- Trips not reaching the minimum enrollment required will be canceled.
- Only those officially registered for a trip may attend.
- Participant substitutions are not allowed at time of check-in on day of trip.
- All travelers must register in advance with the Front Desk at the Santa Clara Senior Center and have a current Senior Center Registration and Release of Liability form on file.
- Your feedback is important and helps staff and travel escorts plan enjoyable trips.
- Please download a Trip Evaluation form. Please submit completed evaluations to the Senior Center.
- On day or extended trips, please choose wisely. Refunds will ONLY be provided when a replacement can be found from the ATG trip waitlist, through procedures outlined under "Traveler Replacement" in the Guidelines for Use, or the trip is canceled by the Senior Center.
- Travel Insurance - The Santa Clara Senior Center recommends you consider travel insurance, especially for extended trips. Check:
- Online at www.insuremytrip.com
- Kanen Tours
- An insurance provider of your preference
- Trip itineraries may be modified due to unforeseen circumstances. Every effort will be made to replace the location and/or activity with one that is similar.
- Refunds are not guaranteed should there be a change of itinerary.
- Hosted meals may be modified at the discretion of the restaurant.
Trip Activity Levels/Special Needs
- Activity levels listed are offered as a guideline.
- Travelers with accessibility concerns, special needs, or questions should contact the Front Desk.
Trips leave from and return to 1541 Civic Center Drive, the former police station parking lot, near the corner of Lincoln Avenue and Civic Center Drive in Santa Clara. The motor coach will leave promptly at time specified.
- To Check-in You Should Arrive at Least:
- 15 minutes before trip departure for local/day trips
- 30 minutes before trip departure for overnight trips
Missed the Motor Coach!
- If for ANY reason you are unable to meet-up with your travel group at the pre-designated time and place, you will need to make your own travel arrangements at your cost.
- A travel escort is not able to stay behind with you for any situation that may arise.
Trip fees include a modest gratuity for the driver of the motor coach and servers at hosted meals. When you experience exceptional service, you may choose to tip an additional amount. City of Santa Clara employees and travel escorts cannot accept gratuities or gifts.
Let's Talk Travel
Share ideas, interact with others who love to travel, and enjoy presentations by tour specialists and staff.
Fourth Wednesday of most months
Donations are accepted and are used to continue our high quality programs. You can even donate to a specific program of your choice by indicating the program you want to benefit from your donation.
Donations of $100 or less are accepted at the Senior Center. Donations to the Senior Center in excess of $100 are presented for acceptance to the Santa Clara City Council.
Monetary donations can be mailed to 1303 Fremont Street, Santa Clara, CA 95050. Checks should be made payable to the City of Santa Clara.
For more information, please call the Senior Center at 408-615-3170.